Introduction to oracle reader professional ethics
Oracle Reader Professional ethics are very important to me as a professional oracle reader. I take my responsibility as a reader to all my clients very seriously and I always ensure that I provide the most professional service and maintain an ethical standard of conduct and behaviour.
Below is further information about my professional ethics as an oracle reader, as well as more information about my history as an oracle reader and how I read the oracles.
My educational background
My educational background is undergraduate degrees in psychology and counselling. I also have a certificate 3 in Training and Assessment and certificates in Doreen Virtue’s Fairyiology course, Ros Place Oracle Academy Foundations Oracle reading and Intermediate Oracle reading courses.
Awareness and professional development
I’m very aware of professional boundaries as an oracle reader and as a counsellor. I have insight into my own projections and those of others, as well as transference of others and countertransference for myself, when it comes up. I regularly participate in my own peer debriefing and supervision with other professional oracle readers to support my professional development, as well as participate in training courses to update my skills as an oracle reader.
Protection and cleansing before and after each oracle reading
Before every oracle reading for myself or others, I always do a protective and cleansing short meditation for myself and for the oracles in use. This meditation involves calling in god, my guardian angels and guardian fairies, Archangel Michael and Archangels Gabriel and other angels depending on what the focus of the reading is and doing a healing symbol visualisation with 3 deep breaths. I always finish this meditation with ‘under the highest law of one, thank you, thank you, thank you’ to ensure that all messages are from the highest source of guidance. I finish each reading with a cleansing white light and a thank you again and a crystal to cleanse the cards after a reading.
My process of reading the oracle cards
When I read the cards for other people, I always shuffle, pick cards thinking of the other person and their question and put the cards out in the particular spread. I then read the cards one by one. When I read, I notice where the card is in the spread first, then I note on the card the words, pictures, colours and any thoughts, feelings or any visions that come up in my head at the time I’m looking at the card.
For example, I might see a story in my minds eye. I do this for each card and once I’ve done this, I then pick up each card one by one and start writing down what I’m seeing, feeling, thinking and any words, stories that come to my mind in relation to the cards in the spread. Once I’ve done this for each card, I put them away for a few hours and then when my mind is clear again, I pick up each card up and take a fresh look and begin typing out the reading and add in any further insights that I notice. By doing this I may pick up more from the cards and the spread that’s important for the person. For myself, I find that taking a break can bring in fresh energy and insight, which is why I take at least a few days to email the reading to you. I’m thorough!
Cleansing processes and closing each oracle reading
After I’ve completed the reading process and after emailing it to you, I then thank god, my guides, angels, fairies for the support and guidance and imagine white light through myself, the cards and place a crystal on the cards. Doing these small things cleanses the energy of the reading, myself, the cards and closes down the energy of the reading so I can go about my day and leave it there. This is also a way of setting my own personal and professional boundary as an oracle reader-once the reading is completed I leave it and give it to you.
Maintaining work/life balance
The reading is then yours. We all need rest and balance and can’t be on 24/7. This is really important to ensure I stay really grounded and self aware too to keep the readings focused on the person and their particular needs, as well as be there for my family, friends and myself when I’ve finished a reading.
Professional and ethical responsibilities
As a professional oracle reader I will always ensure the following professional and ethical responsibilities towards each client:
- Are treated with respect, dignity and kindness
- Receive the service they have paid for and delivered within the time frame specified. (If I can’t do this due to exception circumstances I will contact the person to in form when they will receive the reading.)
- All client’s are always treated in a professional manner and I will always stay within my role as an oracle reader and not work outside of this role with paying customers.
- Information is always kept private and confidential, as per the privacy information on this website.
- Are emailed special offers, however you will not harassed by me for marketing purposes and if you do not wish to receive offers you have a right to unsubscribe from any email correspondence.
- Can contact me at the Feedback and suggestions page here for any reason that they’re not satisfied with their reading. Upon receipt of their feedback, I will contact them to discuss how to resolve the issue, including listening and taking on any feedback or suggestions and offering a replacement reading free of charge to the same value of their original purchased reading.
- Feel comfortable to offer me any type of positive or constructive feedback as an oracle reader. Any feedback or suggestions will be carefully considered and used to improve my practice. If a client has asked for a return email, they will receive a response within 7 days.
- Are always welcome to contact me to discuss a reading afterwards. I’m happy to discuss over email or book in a time to chat at a time that suits us both over the phone or SKYPE.
Feel free to contact me for more information
If you have any questions about my ethics or practice, feel free to contact me here
or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org